New to forum looking for help with a sears band saw

ray2001

Registered
Registered
I am seeking an owners manual for a Sears 108.22921 Power hack saw / continuous blade band saw. I just picked it up today, looks to need a blade, a new belt and lots of cleaning up. The feed cylinder is probably empty. I am sure the hay and dirt from the barn it was in are an indication of its shape. A manual would just be for reference. My son in law is an engineer, can make most anything work again. I just don't want to use up any of his time if I don't have to. I found blades, but they are .025 not .022, not sure if that will matter. I also found a belt.

Thanks in advance for any help tendered

I've had one of those for 30 years and it was at least that old when I got it. Pretty decent old saw. If you have any questions let me know.

I have one I bought back in the 1970's . One thing to remember is not to use any kind of blade lub. It will cause the blade to jump off the drive wheel. The drive wheels have a tight radius so you have to be careful of the band you run. It has to be very flexible or the weld will brake . Use something similar to what is used on a hand held portable band saw. Be careful not to break the plastic bevel drive gear if the blade jumps off. They can be hard to come by. I had to make a replacement. Lately I have noticed someone has been printing the gear. So they may be available again. Not a bad small saw. Mine is still running after 50 years.

I have one I bought back in the 1970's . One thing to remember is not to use any kind of blade lub. It will cause the blade to jump off the drive wheel. The drive wheels have a tight radius so you have to be careful of the band you run. It has to be very flexible or the weld will brake . Use something similar to what is used on a hand held portable band saw. Be careful not to break the plastic bevel drive gear if the blade jumps off. They can be hard to come by. I had to make a replacement. Lately I have noticed someone has been printing the gear. So they may be available again. Not a bad small saw. Mine is still running after 50 years.
Do you have a link to who is printing the gear? My son in law just printed pulleys for my Delta 31-460 giving it another lease on life. I would like the file so I can have him print me a spare.

Not off hand. A little research on the internet should locate it. If my memory is correct they were asking something like 30 dollars for the gear. If you're is good no worries.

Back