New to me 2001 Haas TM1

And I do suppose my view point is somewhat biased towards machines that are in active job shops/industry. Where there simply is not the time, nor pay some the time, to tinker with things. I suppose that an oak controller would do ok if the need arises.

Agree completely and I had a feeling that is where you were coming from. This is a stepping stone machine for me. It will help progress me toward where I want to be with machinery. It has very little use and is in nearly new condition save for the paint on the main casting. I'm hopeful the 20 year old electronics will be good for years to come.

Regardless of the machine , nice looking shop ! :encourage: My buddy still runs a wall full of old Matsuuras to this day making parts for MRAS . I think Alloy runs a Haas on our site also .

Man, you are on a roll! Nice work, and it would appear that this ain't your first rodeo.

Man, you are on a roll! Nice work, and it would appear that this ain't your first rodeo.
I’m learning as I go. I have a long term goal I’m working toward. Trying to enjoy the process.

New tooling is always fun. Two Orange dual station vises and an Edge Technologies tool height setter.

The Calmotion installation is almost complete. Waiting on a panel mount Ethernet port to wrap things up.

Now I get to start learning a 20 year old Haas control!

BF6BA4E2-5AA0-4AE1-A19E-05EDED72467F.jpeg

2A619D4D-9BEE-49C8-BD55-313EB513B562.jpeg

Nice find! I've have 2007 tm-1, and have had zero problems with it from new.
Do mostly small items in AL. and Delrin, and some 1018 and 304 stainless.
Been a workhorse for me. I think you'll like it! Best of luck. Joe

Last edited:
Those Orange Vises sure be lookin' nice too!

Nice find! I've have 2007 tm-1, and have had zero problems with it from new ti; now.
Do mostly small items in AL. and Delrin, and some 1018 and 304 stainless.
Been a workhorse for me. I think you'll like it! Best of luck. Joe
Joe - thank you! I'm excited to add it to the shop. Admittedly, I have a lot to learn about the Haas control before I'll be making parts on it.

Those Orange Vises sure be lookin' nice too!
They are really nice!

Awesome! Happy for you... and not just a small amount jealous.
Thank you. Did you get a CNC milling machine yet? I remember talking last year about you looking for a machine.

Ethernet bulkhead connector arrived today.

D3E3E332-1807-41DB-8E94-6E103E33CE06.jpeg

I wanted to use the existing ethernet expansion option slot in the enclosure. Designed a small mounting escutcheon and 3d printed the part in PETG.

ethernet1.JPG

ethernet2.JPG
Backside:

9E7CEC74-9E42-49E5-ACAF-B1017776985B.jpeg

First iteration had the screws looking goofy:
3A704B9E-C6FB-46A3-8457-5C0A776B875F.jpeg

Quick countersink and printed the part again. Much better!

94D72156-2D49-4D15-B834-EE9DEC8F9981.jpeg

681EEFD0-51EF-4AD7-AF81-F3DAF9B33414.jpeg

Last edited:
Back