New to me 2001 Haas TM1

Looks good, I love my 3d printer for things like this.

Thank you. Did you get a CNC milling machine yet? I remember talking last year about you looking for a machine.
No, my project is on long term hold. My parents have moved in, and until we get their house built, no spare change much less $$ for anything else.
All in all I'm blessed to have them alive and healthy, but in the mean time I make due with my 3d printer, farm projects and living vicariously though this site.

Started setting up the Orange vises on the Haas. Quickly realized I needed to buy more T-Nuts, and the correct length SHCS. It's crazy how that stuff cost a little over $100. The table travel is 30X x 12Y. So, I could put a third vise on the table and have plenty of lead-in/lead-out room. For now I'll center them. 246 blocks make that easy. I'll indicate them in once I have the hardware to bolt them down.

HaasTM101.jpeg

HaasTM102.jpeg

I bought an ultrasonic cleaner to help clean up the grimy tooling that came with the Haas. It did a great job. The tooling is all name brand, high quality stuff. Now it isn't nasty, making a mess any time I touch it. The threads work better as well.

Some of the tools for the Haas getting made up after a good cleaning and shot of LPS.

HaasTM103.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice setup and great idea using the blocks to position the vices. I'll have to steal that idea when I have two on the table.

Hi Slodat I just got 2001 Tm-1 too. I am not knowledgeable on these machines and would be great for anything you could share regarding your experience getting it up and running. I plan to try to energize it this coming weekend and get the ball rolling to get it up and running.

Attachments

• haas.jpg
    haas.jpg
    716.3 KB · Views: 15
Hi Slodat I just got 2001 Tm-1 too. I am not knowledgeable on these machines and would be great for anything you could share regarding your experience getting it up and running. I plan to try to energize it this coming weekend and get the ball rolling to get it up and running.
Excited to see another TM1 owner on here! Keep us posted on how it's going!

Working on mounting the Fogbuster nozzles on the Haas. I'm going to use existing fastener locations for the factory chip shield. It's not doing much and coolant is much more important to me.

I scanned the factory part on the flatbed scanner, imported into CAD so I could use it for reference geometry.
1656195739727.png

Reference geometry:
1656195759053.png

This was imported into Fusion 360, and I started whittling away. I combined the loc-line mounts into the part.
1656195770876.png

Next up is the slicer:
1656195781038.png

Now, we wait. Will be ready for me when I get to the shop in the morning.

Last edited:
The Huot SuperScoot arrived last week. Got it assembled. It is STOUT! Very happy with it. It is my goal to not outgrow this thing for CAT40 tooling. It holds 90 tools and my other rack holds 57. That should be plenty!

This is for the Haas and tool holders that aren't made up for a machine yet.

1656195830448.png

Back