New to me 2001 Haas TM1

One of my design intents is to use existing fastener locations, threaded holes, etc whenever possible. This is true whether its a car, machine tool, or whatever. The Haas in my first venture into true automation. I want things tidy, up and out of the way. Drew a clamp for the Fogbuster hoses.

1656270476421.png

1656270485253.png
This first clamp is for #10 screw locations on the side of the head. Captured nut for the free end of the clamp.

1656270450234.png

Mounted up on the machine. This should work well. I haven't decided if I'll make a new chip shield. I am going to make some clamps to hold the hose out of the way.
View attachment 411667
Very nice work slodat. Will the bracket on the left front clear the tool changer when it comes over to change tools???

Very nice work slodat. Will the bracket on the left front clear the tool changer when it comes over to change tools???
Good call. I had not tried a tool change yet. Well... I've modified the mount to clock it closer to the right. It would have crashed into the carousel housing on the first tool change. Easy enough to correct that issue.

Thanks for the critical eye! I had not gotten to it yet.

Glad to help my friend. I have first hand experience of the tool changer grabbing my mist spray coolant loc line and ripping it apart when I forgot to get it out of the way!

Took a few iterations to get the Fogbuster mount sorted out. Main issue was possibly crashing with the tool changer. This should do the trick.
That looks GREAT. reminds me that my fogbuster kluge could use some TLC like that.

A work trip had me out of the shop the last couple weeks. Still feeling the jet lag and lack of sleep.

I did install the rest of the fogbuster hose clamps yesterday. They worked out well. Installation has turned out as tidy as I was able to figure. Should work well.

5C75FBAD-569F-4E85-92ED-A6759D88DE3A.jpeg

FB63F9D0-5ABA-4CD3-AB3A-B2804C5A2300.jpeg

Back