New to me Atlas TH42

:) he has no chucks for my th42

Wait, you're posting this beauty and you're not going to give us the back story? Really?

That thing looks really nice. Is it original and in truly mint condition or was it painted to look pretty? Some parts have paint missing that looks like wear instead of rubbing off from moving so I'm curious. Nice lathe in either case.

Wait, you're posting this beauty and you're not going to give us the back story? Really?

That thing looks really nice. Is it original and in truly mint condition or was it painted to look pretty? Some parts have paint missing that looks like wear instead of rubbing off from moving so I'm curious. Nice lathe in either case.

Hahahaha, So seriously it was never used. that is original paint. the paint wear and chipping on the shiny bits is from it being moved from place to place over the lat 60 years...there is not a metal chip to be found around it....the belt dry rotted so was replaced....id love to find an original one..everything is butter smooth.. now to find a nice original 3 and 4 jaw chuck ...the arbor is 1 1/2 -8 correct?

:) he has no chucks for my th42

No chucks ???? I have chucks but no extra chucks . They will go with the lathe when sold . I do have other extra stuff for your Atlas that can go .

:) thus no chucks for Minsk. I'm going to hold out and find original ones. ...pm me prices and what you wanna sell sir. and thank you.

im going to get a quick change tool mount for the th42 is it AXA?

AXA or possibly OXA . Is that a 10" ? It looks similar to the 10" I sold last year . I have a bunch of collet stuff along with other things for the lathe . I'm in the process of gathering and sorting now . I think I have a picture of some of the things below .

0XA would be a bit small. Plus the U.S. manufacturers don't appear to have ever made anything smaller than AXA.

And the TH42 is a 10F with Timken spindle bearings, Horizontal countershaft and 42" long bed (so 24" between centers).

Hello,
That’s a Nice Lathe and it does look Great for it’s age. I have an Atlas H42 that looks identical to your TH42 with the same color paint too. The only thing that I can find somewhat Different is that the color around the word (Atlas on the Logo and Tag) On mine it’s s Deep Red Color.
I haven’t been able to find any information about an Atlas H42 and was wondering if my Label was a Misprinted (or a New Tag)? It’s On the original Stand according to the Person that sold it to me, but I don’t really know for sure? He said it was his Dads and it had been sitting for about 40 years.

If you are familiar with this machine, if it is indeed a Model H42? Any information would be Greatly appreciated.

Thanks

51B77D2E-63D4-4A0D-BD99-CBC106CEFF13.jpegA8ED0A00-02E4-4F43-A7B3-6B2921F597E9.jpeg0BEE03E0-883F-44DC-A472-9DB354DBCA46.jpegD6962848-B151-4F80-8365-D7E90A0275CA.jpeg

"THnn" means a lathe that has Timken bearnings and a Horizontal countershaft. "Hnn" denotes a lathe that has babbit bearings. More info at:

Craig

Back