New to me Benchmaster up and running

thebirth date is down wher the z nut comes thru the casting of the lower base

Hello,
I picked up a Benchmaster a few weeks ago and have gone through it and was finally able to try it out making some soft jaws as my first project. It seems to work well.

This is my first mill and if anyone has any suggestions or hints I'm all ears.

Andy
Hi.
I’m new to this group.
Where did you find your benchmark?
I live in Orange County California. I’ve noticed a lot of Benchmarks coming from the northeast.
I‘m just curious. This mill fascinates me due to its size and build. Almost perfect for a garage shop. Also a fan of the Nora, but I’ve never seen one for sale in the states.

the build date is down by z nut by the picture looks tobe about 52 year

Hi.
I’m new to this group.
I live in Orange County California. I’ve noticed a lot of Benchmarks coming from the northeast.
I‘m just curious. This mill fascinates me due to its size and build. Almost perfect for a garage shop. Also a fan of the Nora, but I’ve never seen one for sale in the states.
I agree these are very cool. Great example of when things were made to last!

Hi.
I’m new to this group.

Benchmarks were made in LA. There should be a selection of them in Southern California.

If you have a rotary table or dividing head, you could simply re-scribe the graduation marks on your existing dials. That would probably be my first line of attack.

Back