New to me: Craftsman 101.27440 lathe.

Orangecrush

Registered
Registered
Hello good members,

I have already posted a thread about my Atlas horizontal milling machine. So I thought I would post a thread about my Craftsman lathe. I bought both of them from a guy off of Craigslist who really didn't know what he had. Needless to say I got both the mill and lathe and a bunch of tooling for a really nice price!!!

So here are a few pictures of the lathe for your enjoyment. 0620170155.jpg 0620170159.jpg 0620170158.jpg

Congratulations Orangecrush!
sweet lathe you got there!
the QCGB is a beautiful feature to have.

Hello Ulma,

Yes I really like the lathe and everything that came with the deal. As you can see in the pictures I got most if not all the stuff for it except the milling attachment. But I don't need that because I already have a Grizzly G0704 vertical milling machine and my new Atlas horizontal mill that I got with the lathe.

Hello good members,

I have already posted a thread about my Atlas horizontal milling machine. So I thought I would post a thread about my Craftsman lathe. I bought both of them from a guy off of Craigslist who really didn't know what he had. Needless to say I got both the mill and lathe and a bunch of tooling for a really nice price!!!

So here are a few pictures of the lathe for your enjoyment. View attachment 240304 View attachment 240306 View attachment 240307

Also if I might add, where is everyone getting there QCTP's? I would assume Shars because they have the best prices?

Well you are on your way! Great start!

I got a shars piston AXA set on my Shenwai they work fine
I got a wedge AXA import post too, that is on the Hercus ARH.
I also have a Hess piston AXA as a backup.
I can interchange toolholders as needed

Take a look at bostar too!

Well you are on your way! Great start!

I got a shars piston AXA set on my Shenwai they work fine
I got a wedge AXA import post too, that is on the Hercus ARH.
I also have a Hess piston AXA as a backup.
I can interchange toolholders as needed

Take a look at bostar too!

Are you talking about the Shars AXA-100 for $160 bucks?

Hello good members,

Question of the day, now that I have this lathe. I have not done anything to clean it up or do much to it yet. So what should be the first thing I do, start cleaning it or should I do a complete tear down and rebuild like I did with my Atlas horizontal mill?

Whatever floats your boat. It'll look better repainted but it won't run any better.

Back