New To Me Emco Compact 10

Nice Machine! Congratulations.

That looks like one monster chuck on the shelf.

-brino

Congrats! Emco Compact 10 is a nice machine. Many of the Super 11 parts will fit, too.

Nice looking machine. You don't see many vertical lathes. ;) Mike

There have been many times I wished I could do some light milling or drilling when I had a piece in the lathe. Looks like a very nice setup. Love the bench. :)

(if you click on the filename the pic orients correctly)

This is my first real lathe so I have a lot to learn. I have lurk here for awhile but now that I have a lathe I'm sure I will have a lot of questions. Thanks for the feedback.

Bryan

Emco machines are incredibly smooth running and I'm sure you'll be happy. I own a Super 11 CD and I really like it. Congrats on the new machine!

The first issue I'm working on is making a complete set of change gears. The first was a copy of the 60 tooth gear to compare with the original gear. Everything seems to mesh well. I plan on printing the complete set.60 tooth gear.jpg

OOh I don't think 3-D printed gears will last too long Rufus- Those gears have to handle a lot of force. They really should be metal. Aluminum at least.
Mark S.

Actually I know a few Emco owners who are using gears made on a 3D printer and they are quite happy with how they are working out.

Back