New To Me Enco 9x49 Model #100-1599

1cjk

Registered
Registered
I posted earlier about this Enco mill I found on Craigslist in my area for $4200. At first I thought it was the 9x39 but after going and looking at it the other day I found out it is a 9x49. It was clean and in pristine condition. Everything works on it and it has a s100 Acu-Rite 2 axis dro and a decent 6" vise. little background on the mill. The seller told me they bought it new for there bussiness in 06 for making custom tooling for the military. When the economy tanked in 08 they switch operations and started making covers for aircraft still for the military. He said they only used it as a drill press for drilling 1/8 holes in spring steel for the the templates. When I looked at the mill the stops were set at center so you couldn't move the table. Anyway member AaronD said he recognized it from eBay where it was listed for $3900. I was going to call the seller and make an offer of $3500 but drug around and didn't. I wasn't sure if I really need a big knee mill. Well today I get a text from the seller and they have to be out of there old warehouse and needed it gone and asked if I would be interested at $2500. Well I will let the pictures tell the rest of the story.

View attachment 120597 View attachment 120598 View attachment 120599

image.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

Last edited:
very nice... must have missed that listing..i am in pcola..if you ever need anything...
rich

That is CLEAN!
Nice find, congratulations.
-brino

Thanks everybody. I just couldn't believe it when I saw that text come in. I was already on a high from a new Presision Matthews lathe I had just order from Matt an hour earlier and and was kinda like "no are you serious".
I'm going to post that story over in the PM sectioion now. Thanks all again for the replies.

On my iPhone the pictures are orientated correctly but when I see them from my laptop they are rotated sideways. Don't know what's up with that.

Home safe and sound. I couldn't get the tractor in place to lift it of the pallet so I had to construct a gantry lift.

IMG_6420.JPG IMG_6423.JPG IMG_6447.JPG IMG_6449.JPG

Back