New to me Enco lathe brought home today!

GarageGuy

Active User
Registered
I picked up an Enco 110-1340 lathe from a friend today. Screaming good deal on the price. It is a 1992 model, but has had almost no use. It is a 13 x 40 with a gap bed. Much of it is still in cosmoline. The 4 jaw chuck and face plate are still in the original crates, still wrapped in the original protective paper. There has been a lot of dust and dirt stuck to the cosmoline, so I spent most of the afternoon cleaning and oiling it. Tonight I'm going to Farm & Fleet to get some Mobil DTE and change the headstock and apron oil. I still have to level it, but hope to be making chips soon!

GG

encolathe01.jpg

encolathe01.jpg

Your lucky to have a friend that is willing to give up a good size lathe with little use. A 13x40 seems like a ideal size, I went from a 9x36 to 10x22 but, would love to of had a 13x40, enjoy your new toy. Bob

Did some research and found that the Grizzly G4016 is exactly the same machine (or as nearly as I can tell) as the Enco 110-1340. I downloaded the manual, and it was very helpful. It look like there might even be replacement parts available. I could use a couple of new wipers for the ways and a metal clip to hold one of them to the saddle. The apron leaks oil from the carriage handwheel shaft, so maybe I'll need to replace a seal too.

The dials are all metric, so I ordered an iGaging Accurite (?) DRO so I can display and read imperial measurements. I also need to get a nice BXA QCTP for it. Hopefully in the next few days.

GG

What could a person expect to pay for a lathe like this? I am Looking at a HF 12x36 about the same date. I want to compare prices.

What could a person expect to pay for a lathe like this? I am Looking at a HF 12x36 about the same date. I want to compare prices.

I got this one for $1700. I thought that was a killer deal considering all the accessories that came with it. I kind of stumbled onto it, and had not really been shopping so I don't know what the going price would be.

GG

Back