New to me G0752 lathe... install and mods to come..

Terry,
I like your setup. Can you tell me what the height of the butcher block top is from the floor? I have something similar but it seems a little high for me.

Terry,

Your lathe may be better than new. Nice job.

Nez

Thanks Nez! I wanted to get everything right before I started using it. Experience tells me that if I don't do that I will likely just live with whatever and it'll bug me forever that I should have done it right the first time.

Terry,
I like your setup. Can you tell me what the height of the butcher block top is from the floor? I have something similar but it seems a little high for me.

It's 38". I'm 6'0" and that feels like it's going to be a good height for me.

Whilst I'm waiting on some round stock to arrive to do the 2 collar test and finish alignment, I wanted to accomplish something positive. I drilled and tapped the locking lever from the original tool post to fit the stud on the QCTP. Had to shorten the stud a few threads as well but it works perfectly. Also timed the threads just right so the handle is perfectly out of the way when tight...completely by accident. :grin:

Way better than the 22mm wrench...

Nice Job, thats my next little project n my G0752 qctp. Only im planning on making one from scratch. Didnt want to rethread the one from original tool post. I notice the handle is quite a bit shorter than the other one, does have enough leverage to tighten the nut easily? Warren

Nice Job, thats my next little project n my G0752 qctp. Only im planning on making one from scratch. Didnt want to rethread the one from original tool post. I notice the handle is quite a bit shorter than the other one, does have enough leverage to tighten the nut easily? Warren

Yes sir. Works perfectly.

Not much time to play with the lathe lately. Work, church and assorted other things have been priorities. Did steal a little time this afternoon to do a couple of simple things. I did not care for the 2 chuck key method of removing and installing chucks. I picked up a cheap Harbor Freight screw driver, cut the tip off and ground the end down to fit. Seems much easier to use as the longer length allows the handle to clear the head stock.

Rearranged some of the pegboard to hold the modded screwdriver and few other things.

I received the Belfanti 6 bolt compound kit so I'll hopefully be installing that in the next few days. Seems like a well thought out and complete kit.

I wanted to have the kit installed so I could duplicate the bolt pattern on the plinth block I'm going to make so both would be interchangeable on the cross slide. I've ordered the necessary pieces to make a plinth.

I also took advantage of a 15% off day on Ebay to grab a tail stock DRO.

Beats me why they would put the DRO in a box like this since it'll never be in it again once it's installed.

That lathe bench is far too clean and organized! You're making my lathe feel bad. Though it does have a functional DRO now, so maybe I can tell it to shut up. :)

I really should spend some time with organization.

That lathe bench is far too clean and organized! You're making my lathe feel bad. Though it does have a functional DRO now, so maybe I can tell it to shut up. :)

I really should spend some time with organization.

Lol... Organization. It's a disease. I just can't stand it to not be. :confused 3:

Back