New (to me) Lagun FT1

Birdiemc

Registered
Registered
First real post here other than introduction a couple years back. I've only ever just read, but I just picked this up a few weeks back and figured since I'm bound to be wearing you guys out with questions pretty soon a reintroduction would be appropriate. First step, VFD...I'm looking at the AD PS3. All I know about vfd's is what I've read from here, but that one seems to be well liked from most of the VFD threads ive read, so probably going to get that ordered this week. And then once that's up and running let the search for tooling begin. This is my first milling machine, I used a mill/drill some at a past job but have no idea what I'm doing...but that dont scare me. 4 years ago I didnt have any lathe experience to speak of, and yesterday I put together and shot the first rifle I cut the chamber on...I love learning.

Attachments

• 20191210_173158.jpg
    20191210_173158.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 51
Bad pic but a very nice machine . Welcome to the site . :encourage:

For a first machine , it'll be your last also . Laguns are a nice mill .

Am I thinking right for the VFD? They're out of stock right now, so I'm open to suggestions if yall got better idea

Am I thinking right for the VFD? They're out of stock right now, so I'm open to suggestions if yall got better idea
Might want to glance at eBay. I picked up a Mitsubishi for decent price a few years ago for my Bridgeport.
There's numerous threads here regarding different makes.
-=- Search Results for Posts -=-

Back