New to me Lathe questions

I have also purchased a very used nishimori lathe that looks to be the same model as you have. The main problem with mine is the lead screw is missing and has been replaced with a chain. I can find no information on the lathe online. I would like to put a new lead screw back in but have no place to start. I am hoping you could send me some pics of yours and maybe some measurements so I can Fab up the replacement parts I need. Thanks.
Well I decided to stop being a panzy and put a visegrip on the handle and smacked it a few time with a 3lb hammer. Fixed it! Now on to order a vfd and breaking resistor.

Plan too wire the current forward and reverse lever into the vfd

IMG_20181203_091555348.jpg

Thanks for the info Will, I have been browsing toolposts but saw mainly metric options. Now I know what to look for.

To properly size a QCTP, you need to measure the distance from the top of the compound to the center of the spindle and compare with
the specs from the manufacturers. There are general ranges of swing associated with AXA, BXA and CXA tool posts, but taking that
measurement is more accurate.

As an example, the Dorian catalog provides this info: http://www.doriantool.com/wp-content/uploads/SEC-B-TOOL-POST-TOOLHOLDERS-2016.pdf

Page B-8 shows how the measurement is made and Page B-32 has dimensions applicable to AXA, BXA and CXA tool posts. Dorian
stuff is pretty expensive, but this will give you the idea.

Back