New To Me Leblond

dcheff

Active User
Registered
I have an awesome old sydney lathe, but it still needs a little work before I can start using it. I have not had time because I had to move my entire business in the last two months along with picking up a big job. long story short I needed to do a bunch of fabrication for the new job I had come in. I started searching craigslist and finally found a lathe. its a rather odd little big lathe. I am not even sure what the model is.

I just got it all wired up and working when come to find out that the chuck must have broke a jaw or lost one and somebody just tossed a non matched jaw in with it. so the first two days with it were spent trying to grind the jaws, by now I am wishing I had just bought a new chuck haha. Ok well enough babbling on about it, my question is when I am done with this lathe should I sell it whole or just part it out and scrap it? Its a three phase machine, does 20" throw by about 21 between centers. does not thread or have a cross slide but it does have a taper attachment.

Please forgive me for the mess, but this is a hurry up and get it working type of job so I could finish stuff. I have not cleaned the lathe since last night. oh and the third picture is the collet fixturing that was on the lathe when the previous owner bought it. if you happen to need any of that stuff let me know, its just in the way.

IMG_20151102_101733466_HDR_zps0i4tcbvt.jpg
IMG_20151102_101824673_HDR_zpslj5vfm3f.jpg
IMG_20151102_101454091_zpseybwc1yo.jpg

Oh I thought the title said Little Blond.:rolleyes: Nice lathe you have there.

I'm a fan of LeBlond lathes but have never seen that one. Have no idea what model it is but I like it. What size is the spindle bore? You might run that serial number by LeBlond just to see what the history of that thing is, there may have been a quick change option for it. It looks heavy enough to be a precision machine.
Doug

I believe the pallet full of crap was an air powered collet changer. Spindle bore is 2.375" I believe

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

That is one beefy lathe! Nice!:encourage:

Back