New to me logan 400

Logan 400

Registered
Registered
I have completed welding my stand and started the clean up so I can reassemble it on the new stand. I still have the shelves to build. I originally intended to do a total teardown and repaint but after I started cleaning I decided to just clear coat and keep the original character. This is my progress so far. I may have questions as I go but if you see an issue please let me know. Thanks,Jay
KIMG1443.jpg
KIMG1444.jpg

Nice job on a good solid stand. That machine is a beauty. :encourage:

Thank you. Now I need to add leveling feet and finish the shelf for the tool box.
KIMG1447.jpg
Motor support.
KIMG1449.jpg

Last edited:
A little story how I acquired this little lathe. A coworker came to work one day and said he had something I may be interested in. When I asked what it was he said a real old metal lathe that was rusted and he was tired of moving around. I asked how much he wanted for it and if he had any info on it. A couple days later he brought a picture and model number. He said he didn't know how much to ask for it and I didn't know enough about it to make him an offer. I started doing some research and the more I learned the more I wanted it. This went back and forth for about 3 months. One day he comes to work grinning from ear to ear and says I have a deal for both of us. You have a riding mower for sale and I have a lathe you want. Does this sound fair to you? I agreed. Then he says there is a wooden box of gears and stuff and a machinist box with some tools. He wanted to keep the machinist box because it was his grandfather's but I could have the tools. When he brought the lathe and wooden box he had not emptied the machinist box yet. The next day he brought the machinist box and tools. He said he would rather I had the box with the tools and the lathe because he said I would care for it better than he would. This is how I received it.

2018041995180047.jpg2018042095180011.jpg
2018042095180046.jpg
2018042095180248.jpg

Wow, you are fortunate. Not only does it speak highly of the grandson for wanting a good home for his grandfathers tools, but it also speaks highly of you for being the chosen guardian. Enjoy them.

-frank

Back