New (to me) Mini Lathe

Magneto&TitaniumMan

Registered
Registered
After buying my Mini Mill i've been searching for used Mini Lathes consistently on Kijiji (a better Canadian Craigslist). I bought my mill brand new from Busy Bee because I never see used ones on Kijiji, but lathes pop up from time to time. Finally I found this one which he was selling for $550. Very nice retired man. He included a TON of cutters, tools like Dial Calipers, Micrometer, Dial Indicator, and other cool little things. Same specs as the model CX704 I was looking at on Busy Bee for $1000 which came with nothing.

The reason for him selling was that he got a bigger lathe. It was cool to see the projects he worked on like a gear shifter for his vintage pickup truck and the knobs for the dashboard console. He also gave me a decent sized brass bar to start making some stuff.

I took apart most of the lathe yesterday, gonna start cleaning adjusting and reassembling in the next coming days.

Attachments

• IMG_1022.jpg
    IMG_1022.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 33
Congratulations. I really like the Canadian Maple Leaf on the lathe. Do they come that way, or is that something added by the previous owner? Enjoy your new lathe.

Congratulations. I really like the Canadian Maple Leaf on the lathe. Do they come that way, or is that something added by the previous owner? Enjoy your new lathe.

The previous owner added it. It's a nice touch. I asked him the same question too, "what brand is this? I've never seen them sold with the Maple Lead before."

Nice. The variable speed is a good feature; you'll appreciate it when cutting stubborn materials
Enjoy

Back