New to me Rusnok

Jerry

Registered
Registered
I made a trip and purchased a Rusnok! I don't know if it is worthy of a gloat or not but I'm happy. I will try and post some pictures tomorrow or later this evening. I had to take it apart to carry it to my shop as its heavier that they look! So the pics will be as it sits at the moment. It seems to be in good condition but needs a good cleaning. Small amount of rust on the base where the table bolts on. The handles need some attention with cleaning. The table screws seem in very good condition.
It came with 19 collets, they appear to be the type 100. The model says its a Model 80.
I'll take some pictures and post and also if you guys like some as I disassemble for cleaning. The main thing is it appears to be in good condition mechanically and has some collets which saves a lot of money.
On a side note does anyone know who the moderator is on the yahoo site? I applied for membership several days ago and have yet to receive a reply.
thanks!
Jerry

Well, Jerry. Your side bar looks normal, so I'd say you're here. Welcome to the forum. There are a few here with experience with Rusnoks. You're in good company. Looking forward to the pictures.

I made a trip and purchased a Rusnok! I don't know if it is worthy of a gloat or not but I'm happy. I will try and post some pictures tomorrow or later this evening. I had to take it apart to carry it to my shop as its heavier that they look! So the pics will be as it sits at the moment. It seems to be in good condition but needs a good cleaning. Small amount of rust on the base where the table bolts on. The handles need some attention with cleaning. The table screws seem in very good condition.
It came with 19 collets, they appear to be the type 100. The model says its a Model 80.
I'll take some pictures and post and also if you guys like some as I disassemble for cleaning. The main thing is it appears to be in good condition mechanically and has some collets which saves a lot of money.
On a side note does anyone know who the moderator is on the yahoo site? I applied for membership several days ago and have yet to receive a reply.
thanks!
Jerry

Got any pics? I'm a Rusnok owner and Fan! I also have quite a bit od Rusnok Literature...

Bernie

Rusnoks are smallish units,but made for precision. Even the lead screw nuts are adjustable for backlash.

Rusnoks are smallish units,but made for precision. Even the lead screw nuts are adjustable for backlash.

Can someone explain adjustable backlash nuts? What do they look like? I have a rusnok clone and am wondering if I also have them.

Can someone explain adjustable backlash nuts? What do they look like? I have a rusnok clone and am wondering if I also have them.

Hey Schor-

"Guide Pg 07" that I emailed you has the breakdown of the table. Big crazy mess to look at, I know! Hah!

But part numbers 20, 27, 28, and 29, appear to be the leadscrew nut and "take-up nut" parts.
The distance between the main leadscrew nut and the take-up nut determine the adjustment for removing the backlash.
I don't own one of these tables to give you the real low down, but the little screws (4 of them, according to the pic) that are located about these two nuts, should adjust that distance between the nuts, and remove the backlash.

I don't know how close a copy your mill is to the original Rusnok table. It is expensive to produce, which is why the Rusnok is so expensive for it's size. I posted that one pic below for our fellow readership :)

Bernie

gasy9y2y.jpg

gasy9y2y.jpg

Hi, I have a Rusnok model 70 head on a bench master mill. looking for any information on the bearings for the spindle (like where can one obtain). have corresponded with Electro Mechano but haven't recieved any reply, know they still manifacture and sell the 850 and was wondering if the same spindle bearings applied to both the 70, 80 and 850.

JJ, I wouldn't wait to hear back from them via email - the owner is currently trying to sell the Rusnok portion of the business, and hasn't responded to a single email to me regarding these machines. I'd call him - as a far as I can see, he's a really nice guy, but has a product that he can't sell because of how expensive they are in a cheap Chinese disposable machine world...

1(414)247-01127

Back