New To Me Seiki Xl 3vh Mill

Cmesler

Registered
Registered
I picked this machine up about a month ago after a while of looking, this machine seemed to be in the best shape. So I made the 2 hour drive to snag it up. It is a 88 model has a 30 nmtb spindle taper, 3hp 230/3 phase with a 10x50 bed.
I didn't realise the lack of support for these machines since the company closed its doors. But after a little luck I called a local acer dealer and luck would have it there 3hp variable speed machine is the exact same spec for spec. Part numbers and diagrams matched. So I went ahead and ordered the plastic pulley bushings, plastic keys and new set of belts since the machine had been sitting for about 7 years.
So far I have been thoroughly pleased with the machine and will get some pictures of the tear down and rebuild and hopefully once I get a break in some work I'll get a fresh coat of paint on it.

Last edited:
Here it is as soon as we got it unloaded. Still covered in years of dust from sitting.
image.jpeg
A few I took while we where taking everything apart for a good cleaning.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
Inside the head
image.jpeg image.jpeg
The first cuts once it was all back together.
image.jpeg

I have some other pictures floating around somewhere. I'll get sorted threw them and get a few more uploaded.

Last edited:
Congratulations. That looks like a great machine in even better shape!

-brino

Thank you! It's in great shape, was not beat up at all just a little wear here and there.

This post is a little old but that machine looks identical to my 83 Comet except for the badges. Same pate for the speed readout, same shape for the varispeed. I had to source parts to repair the variable drive also, found on Ebay for a Gromax machine. Seem to be all made in the same place and different names affixed. Nice machine, mine works great.

This one works great aswell. I have ordered most of the parts came from acer. I have the base painted, I will put up some pictures after it's done.

Back