New to me Tom Senior milling machine

billd

Registered
Registered
Just completed the rebuild of an old Colchester round head Student lathe, now operational ,and wanted a milling machine for my little work shop. As space is limited and access to shed in the back garden means all items must be packed in by hand (some disassembly required!!) I bought a Tom Senior M1. As these are English machines most of you in N.A will be unfamiliar with them.

In my mind they are a very simple ,well made machine that can do both horizontal and vertical milling and quite ridged. This machine was made in 1962 and is in very good condition showing little use. Will bring it home in two weeks in pieces to enable getting it to the shed.

If anyone does have experience with or would like to comment on this machine please do so

ts4.jpg

ts5.jpg

Just completed the rebuild of an old Colchester round head Student lathe, now operational ,and wanted a milling machine for my little work shop. As space is limited and access to shed in the back garden means all items must be packed in by hand (some disassembly required!!) I bought a Tom Senior M1. As these are English machines most of you in N.A will be unfamiliar with them.

In my mind they are a very simple ,well made machine that can do both horizontal and vertical milling and quite ridged. This machine was made in 1962 and is in very good condition showing little use. Will bring it home in two weeks in pieces to enable getting it to the shed.

If anyone does have experience with or would like to comment on this machine please do so
That's a good looking milling machine

Would love to find a Tom Senior mill here--very nice, compact (i.e. hobbyest friendly) and precise. Great find!

Back