New to me Versa Mill

My table is 16" x 9"
Thanks for the offer on the oil.
I will let you know if I need some.
I don't know how much oil it takes.
There is some in there and it covers the worm gear. I think that someone has laid this on it's side and some of the oil leaked out.

Yes, could be, or maybe it was overfilled. I have a copy of a manual that I downloaded from a web site many years ago, it is available.

Here are some pictures of the catalog pages showing accessories.

master  versa mill 001.JPG

master  versa mill 002.JPG

master  versa mill 003.JPG

master  versa mill 004.JPG

master  versa mill 005.JPG

master  versa mill 006.JPG

master  versa mill 007.JPG

master  versa mill 008.JPG

master  versa mill 009.JPG

master  versa mill 010.JPG

There are a bunch of units and accessories on e bay now, I searched under master lathe converter / versamill Master was the originator and later bought be Dumore under the name Versa Mill. Versamill improved the units making them reversible bu doing away with the screwed in taper arbors and adaptors, going to a cross pin arbor key and using a drawbar to retain the arbors.

In the 70s, all FBM submarines had VersaMills to use with their short-bed SB9 lathes. You should be able to find old Navy training and service manuals for them. I took a three-week Navy machine tool school, and one of the projects was cutting a spur gear utilizing the VersaMill on the lathe.

The more I look at this mill I can see how much it has been modified. It looks like they added 2 inches to the height.
They also added 6 inches to the head attachment. I thought they all were like this until I started looking at the pictures here and on the web Also this is not the original motor.

IMG_2382.JPG

IMG_2383.JPG

IMG_2384.JPG

In the 70s, all FBM submarines had VersaMills to use with their short-bed SB9 lathes. You should be able to find old Navy training and service manuals for them. I took a three-week Navy machine tool school, and one of the projects was cutting a spur gear utilizing the VersaMill on the lathe.
Thanks I will look around and see what I can find

Back