New toy er machine.

kd4gij

Active User
Registered
This was sitting up on a storage shelf at work. Was told it wasn't worth fixing. I plugged it in and the wire feeder didn't run. Knowing I have a knack for fixing things, My boss said take it home. Got it home and turned the speed control back in forth a couple of times. The feeder came alive. I don't have gas yet but did run a bead with it. :dancing banana::dancing banana::dancing banana:
20180108_204122.jpg

Last edited:
Good score! Sounds like all you have to do is clean/replace a dirty pot and you're in business!

Wow, that is cool, congrats!

If the boss asks about it , make sure it cost several hundred to fix. Well $50. Potentiometer anyways.

Have one of those myself. Picked it up for $600 with 3 tanks & a spool gun. Was still a steal. Horrid looking on the outside, but evidently used mostly for a shelf for heavy objects. Insides looked near new. Not even a lot of dust. We had one at work that was abused for 10-15 years & was still working when I left. You obviously did better, but I'm still happy with my purchase.
Mark

You hired an electronics guy to repair it at 200$. You think it works most of the time.

- after all, you want to be sure thay won't want it back! Great score!!! ;);)

Back