New toy...

Richard White (richardsrelics)

Registered
Registered
So, after 34+ years of wanting, I finally made the deal on the following:

1978 Bridgeport Mill

Drove 348 miles round trip to pick up, zero issues with transport, other than only one butt pucker moment and that was when a semi with trailer decided he was going into my lane. I was not in his blind spot either.. WOW I apparently had the load secured well as it never moved.

Machine came with DRO and scales, but thinking the readout is toast, one power feed control box attached to a lead screw but it did not come off this mill, a rusty but able to move Bridgeport vise, and from a quick scan a near complete set of R8 collets, and one Jacobs chuck and finally a Bijur One shot oiler.

Now the fun part, 10 minutes and it was off the trailer and in the garage, now to move it into the shop. Unfortunately there is a 1957 Chevy truck in front of the door for my shop and the truck has no brakes, nor can it be started, so time to get creative. As far as I have surmised, all the parts of the mill function but I have not had it under power...yet...

It is a greasy filthy mess, but with a bit of work the original grey is under there so I wont bother to paint it.

All in all well worth the $1500

Bport.jpg

I believe the majority of us are envious. I know I'd like to have a Bridgeport. (Not that I have room or need for one, but,,,)

I waited until I felt I could just spend the money and regardless if I ever used it, I would not miss the money. As Journeyman Tool and Diemaker I have access to one at work, but frankly, getting tired of setting it up and only having 15 minutes to actually use it.. No longer an issue.

Bought it over in Ohio as well....

You sir, are a dog ! You cant find even a worn out BP around here that cheap !!!..................Enjoy it !!!.......mumble, mumble.....:rolleyes:

Awesome. I very jealous of that Bijur one shot oiler. I have been refinishing my Bridgeport and was hoping to put an oiler on there but realized its $650 or so by itself.

Back