New toy...

Updates on this toy. I got a power feed with this machine, had to repair a few things, to a tune of $50 but the unit now functions. If it was for a full blown production machine I would change a few things but for what I plan for it... we are good to go. I also received the power inverter, that will go from 220 single phase to 220 3 phase. Need to install that so I can power it up to do a final check on all items functioning properly. When I picked it up I could not check the Y axis for proper movement as the handle was not present. I was given 2 extra handles but decided to not do that while my wife was patiently waiting in the truck. Turns out the Y axis lead screw is bent a tad. I believe I can straighten it, and it does move the table. The X axis however has a ton of slop, if memory serves I can just use a long screwdriver and adjust that, I think...LOL

More after it get some gogo juice to the motor.

Last edited:
Your memory is correct. You can adjust the screws on the nuts. If you have the time, removing the table and cutting the nuts in half is a worthwhile investment. It should really help reduce backlash in the axis.

And the DRO is installed...., so I order a "kit" off of Ebay, it says 9 X 42 Kit for Bridgeport.

The X scale is literally 45 inches long....WOW sticks out almost 2 inches each end....Apparently they do not understand how far the table actually travels...LOL

It is installed, and it does function, glad I had the mill powered up as I had to make my own brackets to get both axis's mounted.

So now to bring home the highly accurate devices and tram the head in before I start boring out 100 year old outboard crankcases.

Power feed is working but the bearing is larger than the X axis bearing surface, so I need to see if I can just replace the bearing and then mount the drive...

For a life long machinist/toolmaker, this is the pinnacle I believe..
BRIDGEPORT DRO INSTALL.jpg

Back