Newall DRO microsyn question

No axis summation on the DP500 and DP700. Only available in 2 and 3 axis versions.

My DP700 and DP1200 are 2 axis...I thought someone made a box that you plug 2 encoders into and you can then use them on the same readout function? IE the quill and the knee, if you bring the quill down and find "0" then you can raise the quill and move the knee up to position...using the same readout.

According to the manuals, the DP700 and 1200 have axis summing, but it's only a lathe function.

I really don't know. I've never used that function, so I'm not real familiar.

DP700 no summation in the mill mode, I did not check in the lathe mode. On the DP700 summation may be used in 3 axis on a lathe. The 3rd axis is on the tool post slide, one can combine Z0 + Z1 or X + Z1 depending on the direction of the tool post slide travel (0 or 90 degrees to the long axis). On other DRO's like the EL700 (I have a 4 axis on my mill) it allows summation of the quill and knee, in lathe mode it will also calculate travel summation in both X and Z when you enter the tool post angle and it has a scale on it. I have a 3 axis Easson ES12B on my lathe, but the 3rd axis is on the the tailstock., if I recall it does have summation

Well the crossfeed moves about 7.5" so I guess I would need an 8" scale, I need to get the measurement for one and then I need to figure out how to mount the scales.

Back