Newbie and what size lag hole is in PM935 or other base?

Thanks all! I might consider trying to get it lifted off the ground somewhat. I am 6’-2” and hunching over just kills my back.

If you haven't already, also consider other headroom constraints. Will the elevated mill now make the motor too close to ceiling? And the motor is not in static position, it will be displaced fore & aft with ram movement, so consider things like garage door track a foot shorter than the ceiling (he says knowingly to himself based on frsthand experience). Can you get the drawbar out without it going clunk on something? Depending on the mill, getting access to the drawbar top nut for changing tools many, many times can be PITA if you are out of tippy toe range & thus always grabbing a step stool. Unless you plan on installing a mechanized solution (which also consumes headroom)

My garage height that this is going in is 10’...so height is not a problem. I get the issue about whacking the top nut...I will have to see after everything arrives and I have it in place.

I apologize, because I thought I had already replied with a pic. (getting old, brain's shot). :)

IMG_0860.jpeg

For what is worth, my PM-940CNC (about 1500 lbs) is just sitting shimmed on concrete floor. I tried a couple of types of mounting pads and they just made it vibrate. My machine is rock stable even with very fast CNC movements.

IMG_2717.JPG

Now, my car lift is in the concrete with four 3/4" X 5" concrete anchors on each post (16 total) - I can put my 5500 lb suburban on it and it is super solid.

DSC02904.JPG

I love my 4 post lifts...have one in the back garage and two in the front garage. Also have a midrise lift in the surgical suite garage I work on the cars...if need be I use the 4 post lift for pulling motors with a lift chain. Works well.

I have to reconfigure the surgical suite garage in order to fit the new lathe and mill. I bought a 950 mill and it takes up a bunch of room...

when we bought the house the original two car garage was turned into the surgical suite...where the work on the cars is done...built my '60 Corvette in there and now working on the '63 Corvette Split Window Coupe. The 63 has a tube chassis with LS7, T-56 6 speed, Modern C5 front suspension and C4 rear suspension. Lots of custom touches on the '63, hence why I bought the lathe and the mill.

Here is my '60
magazine ad.jpg

DSC_3578 (Medium).JPG

mid rise lift...saves my back....I have since put the midrise lift in the fllor so I can just pull a car over the top, adjust the arms and lift it up...in the floor it is about 8 ft to the left....it rise up about 56"
IMG_5722.JPG

Back