Newbie-Rockwell 11" lathe

Martin

Registered
Registered
I recently purchased this Rockwell 11" Lathe with some accessories. It came with 3 jaw chuckk, collect holder, taper attachment, live and dead centers, QC tool post and tool holders with a varity of cutters and drills. It also included some acessorories for milling, I've attached pictures of the milling acessories. I would appreciate any input on how to use these tools with the lathe.
IMG_3877.JPGIMG_3871.JPGIMG_3865.JPGThanks, Martin

IMG_3877.JPG IMG_3871.JPG IMG_3865.JPG

Ah, Martin. Them's millin' accessories. You're hooked now. No choice but to hunt up a mill so you can use them. Just stick those bits on the floor under the lathe until you're ready. You'll be glad you held on to them soon enough.

And welcome to the forum. We're a friendly bunch and you've hit the ground running by posting photos. We like photos. :thumbzup::thumbzup::thumbzup:

Yup, your gonna get the addiction quick!!! The rotary table is for drilling flanges at precise angles and turning an item to work on a different surface. If you google rotary table you will get a pretty good explanation. The XY table is so you could put a milling bit in the lathe and move that material around for simple non-critical milling. Welcome to the forum and keep those pic coming.
Bob

Thanks Guys, Forgot I posted here also. I replied in the Welcome section.
What would I need to add or how to install what I have to do simple milling on the lathe? Does the XY table attach to the cross slide of the carriage?
Any suggestions for and inexpensive mill?

Back