Nice Little Planer in New Jersey

cjtoombs

Active User
Registered
One of my automated searches popped up with this little jewel. Just right for that basement shop. Seriously, it looks like it's mostly there and will need the usual TLC, but it will be the rare hobbyist that has the means to move, rehab and set this machine up. The only other types that would be interested are the scrap men. They're dreaming on price. To far and not enough room left in the shop for me.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/163658131432?ul_noapp=true

Yes, that price is certainly dreaming! I like the size, most smaller planers have too short a table to be useful.

That's a beauty, but at 10k it's going to be for sale for quite some time. Mike

There is something wildly incongruous about the image of that huge machine and the little blue button that says "Add to Cart"....

-frank

About half the pics are useless. How can it be so dark next to a wall of windows?
How much do you guys think that thing weighs?

It's an old lineshaft, so probably not as much as a newer one. My guess is somewhere around 25,000 lbs, give or take 5000.

Just did some figuring, If my estimate on weight is close, then this would be worth somewhere between 1500 and 2250 AT the scrapyard. so an offer of somewhere in that range for this would be a fair offer. If I were close, had the room and the time to do something with it, I'd probably offer 2000 and see where it went. I don't meet any of those criteria, and already have plenty of planers and shapers to work on, so I'll leave it to one of you east coast fellows to snatch this one up.

Back