Nice old lathe for sale

Holy cow. That's a deal if it even half works.

I would love to put that next to my shop, and put a roof over it. Leave the side open, so my neighbor could look at it every day. Get a big generator to power it, and run both every day to make small parts. :cool:

That's one BFL . I'd have to measure up the basement door and possibly reinforce the steps for that one . :) Looks to be a nice lathe and for that price , ya can't go wrong .

It's perhaps worth more than that as scrap metal...
Thats the sad part. The guy I bought my first mill from, had one near that size, with a lot of tooling, listed on CL. The only calls he got, was people looking at it for the scrap value. He would have given it to someone as long as he felt they were not going to scrap it. All I had at the time, was a one car garage. Seeing he had a deadline to be out of the building, and was moving to Ca, I bet it did end up in the scrap yard.

Whoa that's only 3 hours from us. ""Hey Honey, can I get another lathe?"" (crickets chirping...)
Heck the carriage on that one probably weighs more than both of mine together.

Lodge and Shipley I believe. I sure hope it doesn’t go for scrap. Maybe only weighs 5-6 ton.
Cheers
Martin

Really close to me but where the heck would I put it!
Robert

Nice macine, and If it were close to me, I'd be forced to haul it home. Mike

Back