Nice spray mist system for the mill / lathe

Picked up an 'orange' body one a while back. hooked it up to a large juice bottle of Boelube.
Wish I'd gotten the 'black' body one instead of the orange one. Also need to score a smaller air generating source.
Silly user story: after I first set mine up I hadn't put a shut-off on the line. Generated a nice siphon and I had a puddle
in the slots of the mill table.

Have you guys considered putting a separate regulator on that line. That way you can dial the pressure back from a larger compressor. Even though I have a dental vac that can run continuously I plan on using my large compressor and just using a cheap HF diaphragm regulator to control the pressure and flow.

Hi everyone,
I thought I would make my first post about a recent success I had with a makeshift spray mist system that I cobbled together.

Welcome to the forum Jake. Cooling systems seem to always be a big PIA and of general interest here. Looking forward to seeing more from you shop.

OK. I got the new mister system running, though the solenoid valve is not under system control yet. That's the next step.
Wow! It has so much better air and fluid control than the Kool Mist mister. With the solenoid valve in the air line, when it's off, there's no more drain down of the fluid line because of the fluid line check valve. So the mist is there as soon as the solenoid valve opens. By the way I'm running it off of a 70psi air supply. The maximum air blowing force, with or without fluid, doesn't seem as powerful as the Kool Mist unit.

Ken

Have you guys considered putting a separate regulator on that line. That way you can dial the pressure back from a larger compressor. Even though I have a dental vac that can run continuously I plan on using my large compressor and just using a cheap HF diaphragm regulator to control the pressure and flow.
A possible problem with the regulator is that they are made to regulate higher discharge pressures than those needed on a misting system. You might find it difficult to precisely adjust it to your pressures. Norgren makes a good low pressure regulator but I am thinking that it may be too pricey for your application.

A possible problem with the regulator is that they are made to regulate higher discharge pressures than those needed on a misting system. You might find it difficult to precisely adjust it to your pressures. Norgren makes a good low pressure regulator but I am thinking that it may be too pricey for your application.
Even to get the pressure down to say 10 psi?
What about a restricter after the regulator.

I took mine to Lowes to get tubing for the air line. It's 5/16 OD, 3/16 ID that fits the push connect fitting. They also had a 3/16 hose barb to 1/4 NPT fitting to adapt to the common air fittings. I'll test it with water today. If it looks good I'll probably pick up a valve and regulator for it.

Even to get the pressure down to say 10 psi?
What about a restricter after the regulator.

My compressor is set at 90psi. I use a HF regulator down to 15psi with out any problems. Can go lower if needed.

I agree. You can buy regulators for airbrushes too that go quite low. I put a reg on my compressor that goes quite low, 10psi I think.

Back