Nicholson USA Files

What does a chip breaker file do? Very $$$$ What Pferds other tools, any good? I see they also have hole saws and carbide burrs.
Germany usually produces a good product from my experience.

Haven't used one, Emilio, but it is on my wish list. According to the Pferd site, the chip breakers reduce loading in soft materials. I hope @darkzero can give us more first hand info on it.

I looked at the Pferd website and catalogs. The tools look great. Amazon.com has Pferd files, burs and hole saws.
Prices look pretty good and you can buy individually. Msc has a minimum of 10!

Emilio , I have drawers full of older files which most are probably Nicholsons . I sold a few a couple weeks back at my yard sale and it seems the people who buy these older tools know what they're lookin at .

Are they USA made? I’m looking for 8” to 10” files, flat, lathe, magic cut, flat Bastard mill files. Are you selling? Are they new in mint condition?

Ive got all types . Like I said , they've been dormant in my drawers for 20 years at least . I pull a few out once in a while and sell them out back at my yard sales . I try to get $5 a piece depending on size . Wish I knew now they were worth a buck or two , 2 months ago I scrapped 2 bucket fulls down at the junk yard for 5 cents a pound . :(

I've decided to go with new Pferd Germany files. Much better than NOS Nicholson USA files.
Amazon Prime. Pferd has chip breaker files that do not clog up easily. Reviews are great on these files.

Attachments

• Pferd_Files_TM22_201.pdf
    10.1 MB · Views: 20
Let us know how they work for you, Emilio.

Dont discout Bacho files, excellant reviews and affordable. I been using a 11' Bacho band saw blade on the Ellis 1800 and its been doing great.
Check them out.
Paco

Back