Nightimers

I had all the smokers going today . The Bota , the F250 and the pit ran for 12 hours . Warm up here in md . The weather is nice but it brings this into the garage as always .
ah, now we know where the rust went. I managed to miss it this past weekend. Usually we get hammered with the condensation.

Why did I start this thread ? We all own tools . We all buy tools . So , why ? What do you use them for ? I like to see pics as my eyes are fading due to age , but here's the place . We like chainsaws , wood splitters , tractors of all kinds , cars (and trucks) , anything camping etc . There is someone on here that builds smokers/ cookers . Why should we search all night for such a thread ?

Give us PICS . We also love guns .

chainsaws? wood splitters? That's too much work.
But when you need them . . .

Since retiring, my norml sleep hours have gravitated toward 4AM-to-noon.
Ah those were my sleep hours back when I worked either 7pm-3am shift or 4pm-2am shift. Man I enjoyed those hours.

I bought a set of 4 indexable lathe holders that use CCMT09T304

They worked nicely. I then bought an extra set of insert. When they came, too big.
It turns out they sent me a smaller holder set. So I returned and bought a correct ones (ended with 09 not 07)

I didn't get to play with them yet.

My vertical mill is still laying in parts. I plan to cut some gear, but didn't get to that yet.

Winter blue is getting me big time.
It is so bad that a very nice and warm day and I didn't want to do much.

Last edited:
That "tunnel through the brain" thing is sort of disturbing. I think I saw one in The Godfather. Was 38 caliber, if I'm not mistaken.

Tom

So , what's in your wallet ? The Capital One girl asks this 100 times a day . The answer's always ……………….never enough .

I can see this is a 5900 series lathe , so I'm hoping they have some tooling .

So , what's in your wallet ? The Capital One girl asks this 100 times a day . The answer's always ……………….never enough .

I can see this is a 5900 series lathe , so I'm hoping they have some tooling .
Some neat stuff in there. 600mi and 8hrs from here.
Odd in this day and age that it's on-site without any on-line bidding that I can find.
It would be interesting to see how they handle 'Lots', there's no tags in any of the pictures and the items are all intermingled.
Only the one lathe, yet in the picture the facility looks huge.
It's up on AuctionZip:
https://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/photopanel.cgi?listingid=3377613&category=0&zip=&kwd=

Night shift is a fun way to dream you had a life. I spent 4 years on night shift. I have pictures of me at events I don’t remember attending. Stuff I bought from who knows where. My house fell into disrepair. My kids hid from me. And I remember my wife crying more than once because of my not so sunny disposition. Never again...unless it’s dire straits. It was probably the worst 4 years of semi conscious auto pilot I’ve ever experienced, not counting my early twenties. Which was an entirely different sort of semi conscious auto pilot...much more dangerous and less agreeable to logic.

Not for everyone. I worked nights for a while and loved the peaceful laid back time.

Back