Nightimers

I have my flannel jammie pants, and a flannel shirt on, it's 71* here @ 2100 hrs. If you want to see a ski resort without snow, come to Hawaii when the temps are in the 50s at night, and morning.....:D

22 years of rotating 12 hour shifts. 8. Am to 8 pm then 8 pm to 8 am the next six weeks. Hard to know if you are foot or horse back after a week of straight nites. Do not miss it at all. The only good thing about night shift was management was not around to screw things up so a good run was possible.The front office always could not understand why no one wanted to attend a 8:00 am meeting after a 12 hour shift. Guess that is why they are all unemployed after that division was sold.

Last edited:
Well, I got up at 2:30 this morning, made coffee and now I’m checking out HM.
I’ll make breakfast at 4:30 and head off to work at 5:30. Be home by 5:30pm.

I'm on a very similar except for the going to work thing.

Same here mostly night owl, but trying to break the habit. Most of my life at sea, we worked three shifts(watches) twice a day. 12 to 4, 4 to 8, and 8 to 12 and on call the rest of the time. When I was younger I didn't mind it. The last few years on the tugs was mostly 6 to 6 or 8 to 8 day or night shift don't know which was worse.

Just wanted to save this and keep it handy . There's one item of interest on here that would make me " packup the pickup " .

There are several mills, lathes. Vertical and horizontal band saws and other assortments.
What I found often from North Carolina and going South, the price is often high. Probably demand is much higher than supply.

Let's coordinate over on this thread. My thinking is that we don't want to be bidding against each other.
That is unless of course my thinking is flawed and it's every person for themselves. :encourage:
I'm lusting after one of the D1-4 5C collet chucks
***EDIT - Forgot link... ***

-=-=-=-

Just wanted to save this and keep it handy . There's one item of interest on here that would make me " packup the pickup " .
There are several mills, lathes. Vertical and horizontal band saws and other assortments.
What I found often from North Carolina and going South, the price is often high. Probably demand is much higher than supply.

Last edited:
Let's coordinate over on this thread. My thinking is that we don't want to be bidding against each other.
That is unless of course my thinking is flawed and it's every person for themselves. :encourage:
I'm lusting after one of the D1-4 5C collet chucks

I already have a collet chuck, 2J. Hardinge Brothers No.2 D6". But my wife wouldn't let me buy any tool anymore :). She's great though.

20200119_143001_002.jpg20200119_143040.jpg

Last edited:
Clean out 1/19/20

Attachments

• IMG_0850.JPG
    IMG_0850.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0851.JPG
    IMG_0851.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0853.JPG
    IMG_0853.JPG