Nightimers

Let's coordinate over on this thread. My thinking is that we don't want to be bidding against each other.
That is unless of course my thinking is flawed and it's every person for themselves. :encourage:
I'm lusting after one of the D1-4 5C collet chucks
***EDIT - Forgot link... ***

Nope , I'm in no need of chucks . There is actually 2 items that I'll watch to the last day , and if still in reach join in on the bidding . I realize I'm not the only one on the east coast to see a shweeeet machine but I'll keep watch regardless . I'm not really the auction type , rather cash and carry . :)

What does clean out entail? I just checked the classifieds.
I'm liking the angle knuckle holder fixture thingy. (can't remember what they're called.)

Clean out 1/19/20

Perhaps post over on the other thread I mentioned or PM so we can watch out for each other.
I'm in lust of the Leblond #57 but I fear that a.) it's going to go high, and b.) I'm not sure that my garage shop floor could handle the weight.
Nope , I'm in no need of chucks . There is actually 2 items that I'll watch to the last day , and if still in reach join in on the bidding . I realize I'm not the only one on the east coast to see a shweeeet machine but I'll keep watch regardless . I'm not really the auction type , rather cash and carry . :)

Facts . This is a vintage Carver system . Everything seems to be in working order after removing the machine shop stuff out of the bedroom . The cd player has given me a few problems in the years while I operated it . Door o ring etc . I now have a head not reading display . You can't buy these today and it seems no-one is has a start up company in the future . I do realize I can buy a brand new cd player for 9 bucks now-a-days , or run them thru the puter . or do the plug in thing , or maybe earbuds , BUT , I would like to keep my old stuff in working order ! The only reason I would want save this is the " Digital Time Lense " feature on the player . No remotes , a push of 1 button dims the lights . ETs , help me out .

Attachments

• IMG_0854.JPG
    IMG_0854.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0855.JPG
    IMG_0855.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 29
Mroad , been cleaning out for years , not looking for tooling . The one I'll be watching should go for 12 Gs , which is out of my league , but ya never know . :grin: I've driven farther for a Cub tractor in the past . :encourage:

Aukai , the last 70 Chevelle . I joined the HarCo roofriders club that morning . Did a good 1/16 of a mile on the roof which qualified me .

Attachments

• IMG_0856.JPG
    IMG_0856.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 28
That is not happy, might explain a few things :) Back then totaled, now fixable.

I find it interesting that I’m not alone being a night guy. I’ve always preferred to work at night. Day people always looked at me like I was crazy.
Anyway it is what it is as I respond to this thread at 4:00 AM.
And searching for tools, yeah. In fact I spent half of the day yesterday looking for a YouTube video where someone... Mr. Pete...Ox Tools...or who knows who, had mentioned a silly looking wedged looking parallel which was used back in the days before Kurt angle-lock vises to compensate for jaw lift. I know someone mentioned these things because I have a few of them and when they showed one in their video then that damned light bulb went off.
Anyway I finally gave up on figuring out what this hardened bar was called. It really wasn’t that important but yeah.... I can go so tangent and off track when looking at tools. I love tools. Especially ones made by old machinist. I’m in awe of the workmanship.

Well, I have to join the nightimers too. Mine is due to the service. Everything we did was around "Military Dusk"
I have tried to switch but "Resistance is Futile" So I'm usually on the computer till about 03:30 and get up around 14:00.

Ken

Back