Nitrile Way Cover Material

robotwizard

Registered
Registered
Does anyone know of a good source for the Nitrile Way Cover material like is used on the PM727? Would neopreme rubber be similar?

I have the same question, my cover has torn and would also like to add one on the front too.

I have tried several different types of material over the years and have found that a piece of tread off a treadmill works the best. It is easy to cut, very flexible and tough.

Ray

I have been using the 1/8" Buna-N rubber sheet on my PM-932 CNC conversion for about three years now and it has held up extremely well.

Interesting. Silicone, you think?
80 thou thick, wonder if it's very tear resistant. Or if it has that kind of "sticky" grippy feel.

-frank

Product description says quote:
Join thousands of satisfied people who use barbecue grill mats prevent your food from falling through the grate or between the bars of their grills turn any grill surface into a non-stick cook top.
  • 100% non stick - protect your BBQ grill and BBQ parts with these revolutionary 100% non stick grilling sheets, nothing at all will stick to this grill mat
  • Excellent temperature resistance - continuous working from -100°F to +500°F (-70°C +260°C) up to 380°C
  • No mess - more grilling and less cleaning up
  • Durable and reusable - unbeatable lifetime no questions guarantee
  • FDA approved and dishwasher safe - all of our BBQ accessories are approved by the FDA and are safe for use on the top shelf of your dishwasher
unquote.

Sounds promising for durability...lifetime guarantee. I have not tried it though.

I have some that I made out of the Silicon oven mats that I took from my wife's kitchen. They work, are flexible and are not real stiff so you can move them as needed.

Back