• We want to encourage those of you who ENJOY our site and find it USEFUL to DONATE and UPGRADE your membership from active member to donating or premium membership. If you want to know the differences in membership benefits, please visit THIS PAGE:

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/premium/

Donating memberships start at just $10 per year. These memberships are in fact donations that help pay our costs, and keep our site running!
    Thank you for your donation, God Bless You

[4]

New Ticket No New Threads/Posts Today?

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

TomS

Active User
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
Is it just me or is there a problem with the site not showing any new threads or posts? Just went through a Windows 10 update. Maybe that is the problem.

Giles

Registered
Registered
Nearly every time I come to this site, My computer fails to download site and my computer hangs up. I then have to reboot.
This just started yesterday and happens 90% of the time.
I belong to many other forums and do not have this problem with any of them.
What could be the problem?

RandyM

H-M Supporter - Commercial Member
Staff member
H-M Supporter - Commercial Member
I tried logging-in earlier this morning and the site was down. My guess is that it crashed and got restored to the latest saved version. Probably a days worth of new posts are lost.

markba633csi

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
Don't know about your specific problem but I noticed a couple of my posts from yesterday are gone this morning- ?
Must be Xenforo hiccups
Mark

Robert LaLonde

Banned - Abusive Behavior Towards Staff & Members
Former Member
A lot of sites with heavy third party advertising, advertising scripts, information harvesting, and persistent third party tracking cookies have issues with computer security programs.

xman_charl

Active User
Registered
Might try turning off update service.

turn off... search icon....services

services.jpg

This might not help. Have noticed html pages seem to stall. Seems
to be related to internet service provider.

Where I work, excellent browsing with snappy page loading.

At home, slower browsing, lagging page loading.

Charl

Dave Paine

Don't know about your specific problem but I noticed a couple of my posts from yesterday are gone this morning- ?
Must be Xenforo hiccups
Mark
The site seemed to have crashed earlier today. When it came back I noticed all the posts were from yesterday evening, so any of us who posted last evening have lost our posts.

Giles

Registered
Registered
Going through my email notification--It loaded instant?
A few minutes ago, it didn't load? ?

BFHammer

Having problems also. Site still won't load in Chrome browser - load in Internet Explorer but threads from yesterday are missing and crashes most times I try to post.

middle.road

Actively Learning...
Lost all posts and PM's back to Sunday. . .
Did the mySQL database crash?

Nogoingback

I just posted something a few minutes ago and it's gone already.

BFHammer

Don't know if this helps or not, but this is what I've been getting all morning when attempting to access through Chrome:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'XF\Db\Exception' with message 'Access denied for user 'hobbymac_xen'@'localhost' to database 'hobbymac_xen_forum_main'' in /home/hobbymac/public_html/src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Adapter.php:160 Stack trace: #0 /home/hobbymac/public_html/src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Adapter.php(28): XF\Db\Mysqli\Adapter->makeConnection(Array) #1 /home/hobbymac/public_html/src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(51): XF\Db\Mysqli\Adapter->getConnection() #2 /home/hobbymac/public_html/src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Adapter.php(113): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->connect() #3 /home/hobbymac/public_html/src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(410): XF\Db\Mysqli\Adapter->escapeString('options') #4 /home/hobbymac/public_html/src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(388): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->quote('options') #5 /home/hobbymac/public_html/src/XF/DataRegistry.php(137): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->quote(Array) #6 /home/hobbymac/public_html/src/XF/DataRegistry.php(82): XF\DataRegistry->readFromDb(Array, Array) #7 /home/hobbymac/public_html/src/XF/DataRegistry.php(225): XF\DataRegistry->get('op in /home/hobbymac/public_html/src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Adapter.php on line 160

JimDawson

Global Moderator
Staff member
H-M Platinum Supporter ($50)
Don't know if this helps or not, but this is what I've been getting all morning when attempting to access through Chrome:
I was able to fix mine by hitting the Refresh button on Chrome. Doing that cleared the cached pages I think. If all else fails, try deleting your cookies.

The server disk crashed, so Nels had to reload from yesterday's backup. Some posts were lost in the process.

Nelson

Site Founder
Staff member
While I was making a backup of our SQL database, the SQL server crashed, the backup and main database were toasted. That is why we were down. A backup from 3/13/18- the last good one, was installed. If you posted and/or registed for membership yesterday, it was deleted in the crash. Please re-post and/or register. Sorry for the inconvenience.

middle.road

Actively Learning...
And it's not even Monday. Don't it figure?
Isn't there an option with the Server Host to automatically perform the backup of the dB and perhaps back it up real-time or at least every few hours?

Nelson

Site Founder
Staff member
And it's not even Monday. Don't it figure?
Isn't there an option with the Server Host to automatically perform the backup of the dB and perhaps back it up real-time or at least every few hours?

Not on the database. That must be manually backed up, and I do that every morning at around 7am EST.
Unfortunately, the server died, and my 3-14 backup did not come out.
They are going to replace the disk, so there may be some downtime, late at night.

Nelson

Site Founder
Staff member
At 1AM EST, the backup drive that caused issues will be replaced by our web host.
This is the least intrusive time to do it.
The issue should be resolved by mid-morning.

Thanks for your patience.

Ken from ontario

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member ($10)
Must be Xenforo hiccups
Mark
I lost a couple my posts also, thought maybe I posted something inappropriate but it looks like Nel is going to fix it.Thanks Nel.

Nelson

Site Founder
Staff member
Nothing inappropriate- it was a server crash. The backup I made this morning was also lost when the backup disk failed.
I will repost this:

While I was making a backup of our SQL database, the SQL server crashed, the backup and main database were toasted. That is why we were down. A backup from 3/13/18- the last good one, was installed. If you posted and/or registed for membership yesterday, it was deleted in the crash. Please re-post and/or register. Sorry for the inconvenience.

TomS

Active User
Nels - Thanks for the explanation and your efforts to get it fixed. Sure missed having my morning coffee and browsing new posts though.

Ken from ontario

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member ($10)
Yeah Nel, we can't thank you enough for all you do and have done for this site,I don't post often but have a morning ritual that puts checking out new posts on top of the list.

middle.road

Actively Learning...
Time to find a different host. That kinda of situation should not happen at all in 2018. Backups are a standard.
You should not have to worry about doing manual backups every morning, that just isn't right.
You've got other things to do and accomplish besides doing that.
I've got (4) hosting accounts with mySQL dB's that I take care of for others and they don't require that level of attention.

Hukshawn

Titanium
Former Member
I actually kind of concur. I know nothing about web hosting these days, but I feel it shouldn’t consume ALL of Nelson’s time. That seems like much more attention than a website should require, no? If I’m wrong, pardon me. Everyone deserves to smell the roses, even with a demanding job.

[6]
[5] [7]