Resolved No New Threads/Posts Today?

Don't know if this helps or not, but this is what I've been getting all morning when attempting to access through Chrome:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'XF\Db\Exception' with message 'Access denied for user 'hobbymac_xen'@'localhost' to database 'hobbymac_xen_forum_main'' in /home/hobbymac/public_html/src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Adapter.php:160 Stack trace: #0 /home/hobbymac/public_html/src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Adapter.php(28): XF\Db\Mysqli\Adapter->makeConnection(Array) #1 /home/hobbymac/public_html/src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(51): XF\Db\Mysqli\Adapter->getConnection() #2 /home/hobbymac/public_html/src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Adapter.php(113): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->connect() #3 /home/hobbymac/public_html/src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(410): XF\Db\Mysqli\Adapter->escapeString('options') #4 /home/hobbymac/public_html/src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(388): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->quote('options') #5 /home/hobbymac/public_html/src/XF/DataRegistry.php(137): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->quote(Array) #6 /home/hobbymac/public_html/src/XF/DataRegistry.php(82): XF\DataRegistry->readFromDb(Array, Array) #7 /home/hobbymac/public_html/src/XF/DataRegistry.php(225): XF\DataRegistry->get('op in /home/hobbymac/public_html/src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Adapter.php on line 160

Don't know if this helps or not, but this is what I've been getting all morning when attempting to access through Chrome:

I was able to fix mine by hitting the Refresh button on Chrome. Doing that cleared the cached pages I think. If all else fails, try deleting your cookies.

The server disk crashed, so Nels had to reload from yesterday's backup. Some posts were lost in the process.

While I was making a backup of our SQL database, the SQL server crashed, the backup and main database were toasted. That is why we were down. A backup from 3/13/18- the last good one, was installed. If you posted and/or registed for membership yesterday, it was deleted in the crash. Please re-post and/or register. Sorry for the inconvenience.

And it's not even Monday. Don't it figure?
Isn't there an option with the Server Host to automatically perform the backup of the dB and perhaps back it up real-time or at least every few hours?

And it's not even Monday. Don't it figure?
Isn't there an option with the Server Host to automatically perform the backup of the dB and perhaps back it up real-time or at least every few hours?

Not on the database. That must be manually backed up, and I do that every morning at around 7am EST.
Unfortunately, the server died, and my 3-14 backup did not come out.
They are going to replace the disk, so there may be some downtime, late at night.

At 1AM EST, the backup drive that caused issues will be replaced by our web host.
This is the least intrusive time to do it.
The issue should be resolved by mid-morning.

Thanks for your patience.

Don't know about your specific problem but I noticed a couple of my posts from yesterday are gone this morning- ?
Must be Xenforo hiccups
Mark
I lost a couple my posts also, thought maybe I posted something inappropriate but it looks like Nel is going to fix it.Thanks Nel.

Nothing inappropriate- it was a server crash. The backup I made this morning was also lost when the backup disk failed.
I will repost this:

While I was making a backup of our SQL database, the SQL server crashed, the backup and main database were toasted. That is why we were down. A backup from 3/13/18- the last good one, was installed. If you posted and/or registed for membership yesterday, it was deleted in the crash. Please re-post and/or register. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Nels - Thanks for the explanation and your efforts to get it fixed. Sure missed having my morning coffee and browsing new posts though.

Back