No one is into rc

I've wondered why no RC guys are on here. I have seen some pretty nice machine work on the few RC trucks and cars that ive been around.

That is consider toy grade abet a large toy it is 1:6 scale about 30" long. For now it is just getting decked out in flashing police lights. Both of my kids are in law enforcement. And this is to amuse my grandkids. Future plans are to build a hobby grade chasse and electronics.

I am in to RC but only for flying sailplanes. Not a whole lot of machining involved. Lot's of glue though. ; )

-Ron

We did helicopters some time ago.

Payed with cricket since cheap.

Had a speed 40 on 20 size so did okay.

Made a fixture for making rotor blades.

Started work on collective head with ball bearing holders and it was too sensitive then got busy with other things.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

I used to be into RC cars & trucks when I was younger. Then I realized RC parts cost the same as performance parts for my real car so I stopped messing with RC in '94. I still have most of my stuff but of course it's old technology now. I sure do miss though.

I still have a bunch of 'life' stuff to get out of the way presently, but one of my ideas for a project would be to build a small RC car or buggy from scratch (minus the body). Complete with fully articulated independent suspension front and rear. That would kill a bunch of free time... ;)

I have a big enough back yard now that I could make a killer off-road course for RCs back there.

I am in to RC but only for flying sailplanes. Not a whole lot of machining involved. Lot's of glue though. ; )

-Ron
Same here, I used to be into Sailplanes as well. I competed heavily. When my son started speed skating I had to bail , for his interests. Do you compete?

Back