[4]

No one is into rc

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Crank

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
pgk,
The original radio is a console the size of a toolbox and has to be plugged into a wall. If you feel brave and have a fire extinguisher handy, you are welcome to try plugging it in LOL! For now I'm using a DX6i.

Mark

pgk

Registered
Hahahaha I kind of figured that was the direction you were going! Oh, and no thanks on plugging that console in.. LOL

rcflier

Registered
I fly the Beam Avantgarde 600 size electric heli shown in my avatar.
A 4 HP motor on 44 Volts (nominal, it's a bit more). It's quite fast.
It feels light in the air - and it should, since it weighs only 3.3 kg fully loaded.
I also have a Goblin 500 - nice, but I don't love it as much as my Beam.

I believe in 2018 it'll be 40 years since I started. Back then it was planes only.

Cheers
Erik

Jake2465

Registered
Here are the last two remaining models I have. I used to fly model airplanes all the time until I started to get near sighted and loose fine detail out at distances. I started dumping planes into the dirt because I had trouble figuring out if they were banking left or right when the sun would hit them in certain ways.

raptor 30.jpg

plane.jpg

Jake2465

Registered
Or do what I'm doing - get bigger planes! :big grin:

-Ron
That reminds me of out annual model plane gathering over at Wright Patterson AFB. There was this guy that had a 3/4" scale Edge 540. He was not allowed to fly it because it was too big, but he did fire it up and run it for a minute or so. The engine was a 4 cylinder, 1000cc two stroke engine. I think it produced something like 400 lbs of thrust. It was insane.

dlane

Active User
Registered
I still have a rc10 buggy somewhere, but always wanted to make a styrofoam fishing boat with real down riggers

ScrapMetal

Active User
Registered
That reminds me of out annual model plane gathering over at Wright Patterson AFB. There was this guy that had a 3/4" scale Edge 540. He was not allowed to fly it because it was too big, but he did fire it up and run it for a minute or so. The engine was a 4 cylinder, 1000cc two stroke engine. I think it produced something like 400 lbs of thrust. It was insane.
Wow! That would have been a sight to see. At some point a when building a 3/4 scale a guy has to start to wonder if it wouldn't make more sense to refurb and RC a full size bird? :wink:

-Ron

Reddinr

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
I've had an RC lawnmower in mind too. Some day I'll have the time, too busy mowing the lawn for now. I was thinking about maybe RC plus GPS guidance... RC to drive it to the patch of grass, GPS to do the rest.

[5] [7]