NOGA deburring tool

JimDawson

Global Moderator
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
UPS just delivered my latest tool. For the last couple of years I have been using one from Home Depot. The handle had been cracked for a long time and it finally exploded the other day and I lost half the parts. https://www.homedepot.com/p/HDX-Deburring-Tool-HDX090/204218603

1516403132361.png

So I decided to get a better one. https://www.amazon.com/NOGA-NG9200-...97020&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=noga+ng9200&psc=1

Looks pretty good but I haven't had a chance to use it on anything yet. The reviews looked good so I bit. :)
1516402882157.png

I have this NOGA deburring tool.

NOGA rotary deburring tool

At first I was disappointed, since it did not deburr very well. This was due to operator error.

I am predominantly left handed, and so used it with my left hand, which for some reason wants to rotate this anti-clockwise. I later realised it is designed to be rotated clockwise. Since this light bulb moment the tool works well.

A good example of potential issues with our default muscle memory. LOL

I have this NOGA deburring tool.

NOGA rotary deburring tool

At first I was disappointed, since it did not deburr very well. This was due to operator error.

I am predominantly left handed, and so used it with my left hand

Yeah, eventually you'll need to break down and get the lefthanded bits
(but then you'll do the bit where you try CW instead of CCW and get bit by the bit
the other way).

Here's the options: Lefthand blades

It's a conspiracy I tell ya, us southpaws are always getting shafted! :)
We lefties just have to assimilate to a right-handed world. Been doing it since elementary school.
Actually had to serve a detention in the 4th grade penmanship class because I wouldn't position my paper the right-handed way.
That was in Colorado, my third grade teacher back in Illinois had already showed me how to position the paper if you were left-handed.
She asked when she started the class and took a marker and a ruler and drew a line on your desk.
My father went ballistic and when he was finished that teacher was not very happy at all. Perhaps it was the fact that the personnel director for Jefferson County schools was a close family friend...

We lefties just have to assimilate to a right-handed world. Been doing it since elementary school.
Actually had to serve a detention in the 4th grade penmanship class because I wouldn't position my paper the right-handed way.

Sometimes things are not so simple. I was into calligraphy in the 70's. I spent a lot of time looking for a left handed nib for my ink pen. I found one. When I got home and put it into the pen then tried to write, I found it had the wrong angle.

I then found out I may use a pen with my left hand, but I hold it in a manner of a right handed person, so I did not need a special nib. Lesson learned.

I'm a lefty too! I had the same problem with my deburing tool.
R

Nice deburring set Jim!
i have the noga too, but it didn't come with all the bells and whistles as the kit you have
i may need to upgrade :grin big:

Nice set. The carbide blades are really nice. These tools don't always work as intended, they tend to skip so I'm going to try to use some type of lubricant, maybe wax, to see if it help. I like the telescoping handle. Lot's of blades to choose from.

Sometimes things are not so simple. I was into calligraphy in the 70's. I spent a lot of time looking for a left handed nib for my ink pen. I found one. When I got home and put it into the pen then tried to write, I found it had the wrong angle.

I then found out I may use a pen with my left hand, but I hold it in a manner of a right handed person, so I did not need a special nib. Lesson learned.
I bet that you hold your pen with your hand bent 90°?
The aforementioned 3rd grade teacher knew the proper way to teach it. She drew the lines on the desk after determining if you were right or left handed.
Then during class she would go around and place a ruler on the outside of your arm across the back of your hand to your knuckles.
She wanted it all straight - from elbow to knuckles.
1516427650924.png

Back