Noga Mini Cool Air Pressure?

Janderso

Jeff Anderson
H-M Platinum Supporter
I was just wondering what air pressure you guys and gals are using at the air fitting-line pressure to the device, after a regulator.
I have seen many users with pressures all over the map. It is my intention to add a gentle spray to my work/tooling.
Thanks

Wouldn't you just set it at the pressure and volume that works best for you? This may change from job to job.

Like many small devices there is a max air pressure. This wheel has been invented already. I am just hoping to jump to the finish line.
If you haven't noticed, I'm a bit odd.

It isn't the wheel you are inventing. It is how you are using that wheel.

But, I am thinking that there is a reason you are seeing settings "all over the map" as you say. What does the manual specify? Might be a good place to check. :encourage:

Manual? There is a manual. I will look again.
There is a manual, in the recycling bin with the box it came with :).
I see this little thing can handle up to 140PSI.
That answeres that part of my question. The other part will be trial and error.
Sorry gang. Wasted your valuable time.

Last edited:
The minicool has a built in needle vlave you use to adjust the pressure.

Manual? There is a manual. I will look again.
There is a manual, in the recycling bin with the box it came with :).
I see this little thing can handle up to 140PSI.
That answeres that part of my question. The other part will be trial and error.
Sorry gang. Wasted your valuable time.

No time wasted here. Glad you found your answer. :encourage:

Incidentally, it looks like Noga has a pretty good website. You could shoot them your question and see if they have any other recommendations. You could report back here as to how helpful they are.

I have one that I haven't hooked up yet but it will be pressurized with a little Grex compressor used for air brushes. No tank, quiet, fires up only on demand. In my view, the more air pressure I use, the more potential for aerosolizing the fluid and I don't need that.

Tom Lipton at Ox Tools uses a little on-demand diaphragm pump that puts out low pressure air. He discusses this from about 13:15 here:

I put 60psi to my koolmist and use the needle valve to get it started then turn it down to desired mist.

Back