Noga Mini Cool Air Pressure?

I run my el cheapo at 30psi using a cheap HF air regulator. Then use the needle valve on the unit to adjust the flow for both the air and the fluid. My compressor has an 80 gallon tank, I leave the power switch off most of the time. The mister can run for hours on that tank without needing to run the motor. I just tweak it to get the type and amount of spray I want. I generally aim for small drops, just enough to keep a slight sheen on the part while machining it. Most of the fluid evaporates off from the heat while cutting. When not actively cutting, I use a ball valve to turn the air off. Mostly so I don't have to listen to the hiss while setting up operations.

I run 25psi into a trico little mister. Then adjust the coolant valve until the temperature drops on the air flow.

Yep the little noga does a great job at 30 psi. That is what i run mine at all the time. You don’ t want a fog just little droplets.
CH

Sorry gang. Wasted your valuable time.

Not at all!
The _ONLY_ dumb question is the one that is NOT asked!

The manual will only give you the absolute max, used to cover their a$$ with the lawyers.

What you need in operation is somewhere along an infinite spectrum of pressures.
I see a bunch of great info above that should give you a starting point.
Then you can tweak it to your specific circumstance.

As your tag line says "Always Learning!"

-brino

Mine, 25- 30 psi.. Milling something a long period of time where things will heat up, I'll go to 40-45 psi., seems to keep temps down well.

Back