Noga Mini Cool mist coolant

Pcmaker

Registered
Registered
I'm thinking of getting two of these. One for my mill and one for my lathe. They're a tad expensive at around $100 each. I have a 33 gallon air compressor that I think will be able to handle these.

I want to move away from cutting oil and into coolant mist. Does the coolant last awhile? I read that you use 4 oz. of the coolant per gallon of distilled water. Sounds like a gallon of the coolant will last a very long time.

I was boring a something today on the lathe and I thought it would be nice to just point the nozzle of the mister into the hole and just keep working instead of having to pump in cutting oil into the hole. I hate the messy oil, too, that gets everywhere.

I want to know your opinions before plunking down a good chunk of change on these.

71j1h6WnaVL._SX385_.jpg

Look for a less expensive mister. They are worth having.

Look for a less expensive mister. They are worth having.
Agree on the lesser expensive alternative. I got this one for $15 and mounted it to an import mag base. It works just fine with my pancake compressor. I am using Kool Mist #77.

The thing I don't like about the mist system is that it will leave stains unless you are able to wipe it all up, which I find impossible on the mill with telescoping screw covers. Some say that higher concentrations Kool Mist will prevent staining, I don't know.

Last edited:
I pieced mine together out of Amazon parts, probably cost $50 for all fittings and such. I put a foot valve in the air loop to control flow. A reservoir full of fluid lasts a long time. I don't use it much because I'm temporarily in my basement and don't want to fuss with the compressor, but I am looking forward to having it set up with always-on air.

Agree on the lesser expensive alternative. I got this one for $15 and mounted it to an import mag base. It works just fine with my pancake compressor. I am using Kool Mist #77.

The thing I don't like about the mist system is that it will leave stains unless you are able to wipe it all up, which I find impossible on the mill with telescoping way covers. Some say that higher concentrations Kool Mist will prevent staining, I don't know.
Got a pic of how you attached it to the mag base? I have mine bolted but sometimes I wish I could angle it better

I had one and liked it.
A friend said he doesn't use it on his mill because of the discoloring/rust under the vise.
Maybe if you waxed the table and vise before re assembly? Silicone spray?
Just a thought.

Got a pic of how you attached it to the mag base? I have mine bolted but sometimes I wish I could angle it better

I also just bolted it to the top of the mag base with two cap screws.

;)

Thought I would also show my low cost reservoir set-up. Cost $10.00 - value of the original contents of the bottle, which went down the drain, of course:oops:

Last edited:
I've seen machines that used these and were coated with sticky film. Is that a downside? I wonder also about operators lungs.

Back