Non-CNC Machinist Courses... for FUN!

I have a friend that has his own machine shop who has offered to come over on weekends to “teach”. You might check with some local machine shops if anyone was interested over a weekend. Realize you might have to weed a few out until you find a teacher, not just a machinist. Good luck!

I have had a similar question. I have never been around a real machine shop. I suspect I would pick up a lot of useful tips and tricks by just looking over the shoulder of a real machinist at a busy manual machine shop for a day or 2. It would be great if they wanted to teach but just observing might be useful as well. Unfortunately, the shop I was planning on visiting CLOSED! And it was an awesome shop. Our Makerspace recently closed also! I may try to find shop in the area again. I have access to a NASCAR shop but I supect they do mostly CNC and some welding. If any members fit the bill on this in the Charlotte area please contact me.
Let us know how you make out Willie. (hey you might want to post your location, I don't see it by your name)
Robert

Back