North American Model Engine Expo

I'm planning on going for the first time. Taking my grandson hoping to spark greater interest in such things for him. There is road construction in the area and there are some work around instructions somewhere on the internet.

Been a couple of years since I have been there as I can no longer travel. It is a dynamic experience! Amazing models and displays. Many vendors who are willing and eager to explain things and answer questions. Whenever I got home I could hardly wait to get started making chips. One really needs to spend both days to see and absorb everything. It's a great place to get ideas. There are also clinics or seminars to attend. Go. You'll never regret it.

I'll be there. I've been for the last 6 years or so. It's a fun experience, there are folks that come every year and you get to know some of them. Lot's of model engines on display, and it's a good place to pick up some tools as well. Take care.

Just made our Motel reservations. Looking forward to attending. Thanks for the reply's!

I went in '08, the one year (I think) it was in Toledo. As others said, it's a fantastic place to go. Engines running everywhere, great vendor displays, lots and lots of cool models, and got to meet some folks I know from the Sherline forums on Yahoo Groups.

You won't regret it. I also recommend Cabin Fever in Pennsylvania. I think they're in Lebanon, PA in January (why it gets its name), but we went in '15 when it was in April in York, PA.

I just got home from attending the NAMES Expo in Detroit. What a great event. I'm sure I'll be attending future Expo's. Met & talked to some very talented individuals.

Back