WTH HAPPENED TO H-M?

HMF

Site Founder
Administrator
WTH HAPPENED TO H-M?

After accidentially deleting a folder, we asked our web host for a backup. As nearly as we can figure, the backup did not contain any attachments (over 250000 or avatars for our members). We asked them for a backup to January 1, 2020, and THAT backup had no attachments or avatars, etc. Their backups were incomplete apparently, and overwrote our files with empty attavchment files. We are very sorry for this. We are doing everything and anything we can to right this. HM

Thanks for the update, Nelson. While the loss of those files is bothersome, the main thing is that you got the forum back up. We can go on from here.

Thanks also for the many hours that I KNOW you've spent on this. Maybe you can get some rest now?

Thank you Nelson.......

For trying to make things better. Shyte happens ...

Its a good thing the rest of us are perfect ! I say that with jest of course. This reminds me of an time when I corrupted a customers entire database.. So I can feel your pain. Stuff happens.. We groan, we learn, we move on with life..

Last edited:
Thanks to all that have spent so my unpaid time resolving this problem.
I’m very happy to have everyone back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think many of us have had those holy sht. moments. My worst one (that I'll admit to) was ~1982, fairly new with a new employer and I deleted all the files on the accounting computer. After changing to a subdirectory I typed "del *.*" Instead of deleting the files in the subdir, it took EVERYTHING!. I ran out and bought norton utilities, ran "undelete" and got most everything back but I thought I was going to be sent packing. My boss's reaction? Sht. happens...

Cheer up.

Back