NOS 16" Hendey

Well, the price dropped $3K. Like you said, still a long ways off from what we call a realistic price. It would surprise me if they got something in the $3-4K range.

:drool::drool::drool::drool: that lathe is beautiful, the drillpress is gorgeous too!

if i had funds like that in the budget, i'd go up there and get it -:grin big:

Yep, I could maybe see $2k - $4k, considering what good shape it is in mechanically, and given the accessories and tooling that comes with it. The upper range is high, given what hobbyists like to pay, I know. However, my guess is some one will pay a bit of a premium to have a like new show piece that has reported been entirely rebuilt. Sadly the next of kin, or whoever is advising them regarding price, simply doesn't understand the market for these old big machines has changed dramatically and has now largely disappeared. Frankly I think,the large 16" swing, and the heavy duty nature of the machine scares a lot of potential buyers away. This is a massive big machine to move in and out of someones shop. And Just turning it on is not for the faint of heart!!

Still, wouldn't this be grand to own?

Glenn

I have a 19x48 circa 1919 running in my shop daily with an overhead gearbox/motor upgrade and it's interesting to see this one in it's prime!

Thanks for sharing the pics!

Back