Not available in stores!!!

Tipton1965

Registered
Registered
One of the things I love about having a machine shop is coming up with an idea and making it happen. I was once telling another member from the forums that being able to machine up your own stuff is like magic. You can walk into the shop and come back out with something really cool.

This project is a music server I built using a Raspberry Pi and a Digi-One audio hat. I always disliked the store bought cases you could purchase for the Raspberry Pi. They were always so cramped and small and you had to stack boards on top of each other which interfered with cooling. So, I made my own case with plenty of room and lots of air flow. I'd like to say that I had a drawing for this project but instead I just made it up as I went. This was my first project with my new mill and lathe and I couldn't be happier with their performance.

Enjoy!!

20211221_115150_resized.jpgTwo.jpgVent2.jpgFeet.jpg20211221_143057_resized.jpgSide.jpgPieces.jpgInside.jpgBack.jpgFull.jpg

That is about as handsome as it gets! For functionality, I hogged out a case and cover for a low noise broadband amplifier that worked out well. The PCB shown is similar but not identical to what’s in the case.

1641874111947.jpeg

How'd you get those beautiful deep chamfers? Even with a sharp new carbide chamfer mill, mine always have some chatter marks.

Back