Not really a tool

Chuck K

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I commute 80 miles round trip to work, so I bought a little nissan to save gas. Apparently, because it's a small car, the manufacturer decided that the driver should drink very small beverages. There is no cup of coffee that will fit in the cup holder. I got tired of watching my coffee cup roll around on the floor. I invested way more time in my cup holder than I'd like to admit, but my coffee now stays put in easy reach.20180923_120400.jpg20180923_120415.jpg20180923_120516.jpg

That's the coolest cup holder ever,

I like the o-ring. Used to retain the new cup holder into the old, I assume? Truly a good, practical training exercise. I really enjoy the jobs where there aint much to lose, and alot to gain. Does the new receptacle have a taper? If so, an even better exercise:cool 2:

Did ya make a spare one for me??
Did ya huh did ya?
Now I have to make one. Very cool.
I would soften (radius) the edges and corners though. Cool idea, thanks.

I like the o-ring. Used to retain the new cup holder into the old, I assume? Truly a good, practical training exercise. I really enjoy the jobs where there aint much to lose, and alot to gain. Does the new receptacle have a taper? If so, an even better exercise:cool 2:
Thanks. It has 3 degrees of taper. That fits nicely on my yeti cup and the styrofoam cups as well. The oring locks it into position and holds it even on illinois roads.

Did ya make a spare one for me??
Did ya huh did ya?
Now I have to make one. Very cool.
I would soften (radius) the edges and corners though. Cool idea, thanks.
I did run all of the edges over the deburring wheel. This started with me digging through my scrap pieces looking for something I could weld together that would hold my coffee cup. I kinda got carried away. Up next....ipod holder.

"There's nothing that can be built that can't be overbuilt"

Nice piece of work, that's about a $300 cup holder there.

Back