Not sure if this counts but i made some aluminum T nuts with 3/8" threads

Ridetoeat

Registered
Registered
Small task for a machinist is a giant leap for this old fella with a blown out lower back. Just some Aluminum T nuts with 3/8" threads for when I set I got does not have the right or enough bolts or t nuts of the right size. I got bins full of 3/8" stuff to make these work. I hate to admit it but these days with breaks to sit and rest my back I took 2 hours !!

Attachments

• IMG_0331.jpg
    IMG_0331.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 48
Last edited:
It is a machined part, no matter how simple it is, you did a great job.

I use AL blocks on my mill. It won't hurt the table, and it holds good enough. I figure if I blow the threads, I am overtightening. The goal is to hold it from moving. If I can't hold it with moderate pressure, I need to add blocking or jacks, or whatever to help.

Good looking work.

i know the back hip thing . i sit to work with my lathe and at the work bench
I get 10-15 minutes, maybe more in the mornings of standing and in between I have to sit on something and "re-charge my back I call it", if I had to guess I get a minute or so less every time around with a brief 2-3 minute rest in between. Seems if I don't let it get bad I do better on keeping going for a few hours at a time. i stop sit and read on something. I am only 57 so gotta avoid all the pain killers for a lotta years still, just some anti in flams. I am a bit lucky in that I never get the pains running down my legs like so many do, must pinch on a different nerve in me.

Back