Nothing

chatter chatter cut cut

Registered
Registered
whole shop is gathering dust and cobwebs . having back problem that has affected right leg ,extreme pain and weakness . eating pain killers. been three weeks or more . therapy not helping , thinking of back surgery. modification of band saw for metal cutting stopped after the making of 2 10 in pulleys and 3 3 in ones.hoping to be able to dove hunt the 1st of sept. maybe with the walker.
wife getting pretty well worn down waiting on me.

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully they are able to do something for you.

Norcos are my friend too; my back is fused solid- hope you get better
-Mark

Back problems can be excruciating. In my case, they started when I was in high school more than sixty years ago. The pain has mostly present all of that time but varies in extent from noticeable to paralyzing. In recent years, it has mostly been in the annoying range and is controllable with three ibuprofen tablets when I start day. They reduce the inflammation that causes pressure in the sciatic nerve. I have to limit my lifting and if I don't, my back tells me. In that case, I'll take three more ibuprofen at night,

I lead a fairly normal life nowadays. In my case, I have scoliosis caused in part by by my left leg being slightly shorter which has caused disks in my lower back to be thinned on one side and the sciatic nerve pinched . I have to limit my lifting and have problems standing for more than an hour but the situation is manageable.

Surgery shoulf be a last resort. Chiropracty has helped in cases where I have done something stupid and brought on a acute attack but I don't make it a regular practice. My thought is that I popped something out of alignment and once it is back in place, there isn't a need to continue. Physical therapy did nothing for me.

I wish you the best of luck. Don't give up. The situation can improve and will given time.

You can survive this, for now keep your mind occupied with anything that does not cause you pain, too much time spent on thinking is not productive, you still have your wife so you're not alone and on your own, if the back surgery is unavoidable , then maybe the sooner you go through it the earlier will be the recovery time.

Back problems can be excruciating. In my case, they started when I was in high school more than sixty years ago. The pain has mostly present all of that time but varies in extent from noticeable to paralyzing. In recent years, it has mostly been in the annoying range and is controllable with three ibuprofen tablets when I start day. They reduce the inflammation that causes pressure in the sciatic nerve. I have to limit my lifting and if I don't, my back tells me. In that case, I'll take three more ibuprofen at night,

I lead a fairly normal life nowadays. In my case, I have scoliosis caused in part by by my left leg being slightly shorter which has caused disks in my lower back to be thinned on one side and the sciatic nerve pinched . I have to limit my lifting and have problems standing for more than an hour but the situation is manageable.

Surgery shoulf be a last resort. Chiropracty has helped in cases where I have done something stupid and brought on a acute attack but I don't make it a regular practice. My thought is that I popped something out of alignment and once it is back in place, there isn't a need to continue. Physical therapy did nothing for me.

I wish you the best of luck. Don't give up. The situation can improve and will given time.
Oh man, you should try and find a way to get off regular Ibuprofin use.

I used ibu on a regular daily basis while I was still flying SAR and it killed my gut and intestines. It eventually broke down my intestinal walls, formed multiple diverticulli and I developed diverticulitus. Wasn’t a fun go getting well after that (weeks in hospital on antibiotics and gawd knows what else) and now I have daily dietary restrictions.

Ibuprofin does NOT do good things to your digestive tract. It’s meant for temporary relief from pain and inflammation, it’s not meant regular/maintenance use…

Last edited:
Might sound out there to some, but after suffering a major back issue, 60% compression fracture from a bad fall, and 4 1/2 months in a full brace from waist to chin on top of several old back injuries, I was directed to a women who does a modified version of Rolfing. Night, and day difference in a few visits. I now go every other month just for maintenance. I was right on the verge of doing surgery, even though they told me it would be iffy. Hope it all works out for you. Mike

Back